- < 24 hours
- How modern web design works
- Atomic Design
- Web Design Typography & Why it IS a Big Deal
- The Technology Behind the NYTimes.com Redesign
- Don't Think of an Elephant! Know Your Values and Frame the Debate: The Essential Guide for Progressives
- How I know I'm in California.
- Converse Unisex Monk
- Where the Red Fern Grows
- Bad Monkey
- Things The Grandchildren Should Know
- The Pillars of the Earth (The Pillars of the Earth, #1)
This is likely to be the last update on here for a while. I’ve decided to take what I’ve learned from recent freelance projects and rebuild this thing from scratch. Normally, I’d put up some kind of curtain page saying about the same thing, but this time I figured I’d just leave things as-is for posterity’s sake.
I’m certainly a fan of letting the computer do the work for me. With that said, I’ve been overheard numerous times explaining away my need to consult my calculator app for simple arithmetic with the simple “I don’t math.” I stand in awe of the work of people like John Maeda, who uses math to generate a lot of his work. Today I happened upon an interesting microblog post about using the built-in OS X Graph program to generate spirals and other algebraic/trigonometric shapes to import into illustrator. Perhaps it is time that I up my math game a bit…
Do yourself a favor and listen to Lana Del Rey – Born To Die
For some reason, I was under the impression that The Shins had disbanded, however I discovered this morning that they are due to release a new album fairly soon.