- < 24 hours
- the day before
- Not a bad night for a ride along the water!
- Fancy! #latergram
- Hyperart: Thomasson
- Dharma Punx: A Memoir
- Why Top Tech CEOs Want Employees With Liberal Arts Degrees
- The hand-painted emergency signage really classes this stairwell up.
- Stunted: The White Flags on the Brooklyn Bridge
- The Strange & Curious Tale of the Last True Hermit
- How to Lovingly Silence Your Inner Critic Once and For All
- From the Porch to the Street
- Roman Muradov
- Hardcore Zen: Punk Rock, Monster Movies and the Truth About Reality
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
This is likely to be the last update on here for a while. I’ve decided to take what I’ve learned from recent freelance projects and rebuild this thing from scratch. Normally, I’d put up some kind of curtain page saying about the same thing, but this time I figured I’d just leave things as-is for posterity’s sake.
I’m certainly a fan of letting the computer do the work for me. With that said, I’ve been overheard numerous times explaining away my need to consult my calculator app for simple arithmetic with the simple “I don’t math.” I stand in awe of the work of people like John Maeda, who uses math to generate a lot of his work. Today I happened upon an interesting microblog post about using the built-in OS X Graph program to generate spirals and other algebraic/trigonometric shapes to import into illustrator. Perhaps it is time that I up my math game a bit…
Do yourself a favor and listen to Lana Del Rey – Born To Die
For some reason, I was under the impression that The Shins had disbanded, however I discovered this morning that they are due to release a new album fairly soon.